• What do you care? This doesn’t personally affect you.
*gobsmacked* Um, I have been sexually assaulted more times than I care to count. As have literally ALL of my female friends, and several family members (that I know of). Also, these men commit all kinds of physical violence, including against children. I don’t like that.
• It’s not that important; stop talking about it / There are more important things in the world / You’re a hypocrite (?) because you don’t focus on [insert any/every other cause here].
I consider this important. Your personal priorities may be different; that’s fine. By definition, I cannot focus on everything.
• You just hate men!
Nope. Even if I did, that doesn’t make this data go away.
• You’re blowing this out of proportion.
Actually, I’m sticking very strictly to the numbers. According to the data, this tiny group of men does enormous damage. I’d say you’re inexplicably minimizing this.
• Why do you have to be so negative? It’s not healthy. You should think about something else.
Thanks for your concern. -__-
• You’re bad-mouthing all men! / You’re talking about my buddies, fuck you, they’re good dudes!!
No, I’m talking about possibly 2-8% of men. I don’t know if I’m talking about your buddies. Maybe, maybe not. Worth considering, I would think. But it sounds like you’ve already decided.
• You’re talking shit about me! I have to defend myself/men!
Well, I don’t know you. I’m talking about men who have admitted to sexual assault. So… yeah. Your call. But whatever to that, here’s what concerns me: assuming you’re not a rapist, I don’t understand why you’d group yourself with them. Why would you volunteer to defend them? Why do you feel you “have to”? Because they’re men?
What the fuck is wrong with people? Magically rape doesn’t matter when it happens to people you don’t know?
i don’t usually post stuff like this, but my boss’s daughter is being bullied a lot in school. would anyone mind reblog going this so i can show her that people, even complete strangers, care about what she is going through?
Bullying is bullshit….
In the most literal sense, bullying is bullshit. Putting the word “bullying” on assault and harassment lets adults whose fucking job it is to protect you sweep it under the rug. The teachers who let this happen are the failures, not you.
Not being very sporty, I like to joke that the only team sport I’m interested in is waterboarding.